Visitors

Monday, March 14, 2016

UNEASY SUNDAY

March 13, 2016
Every shot that I take from the porch informs more about the time and the time of year.  We shot our clocks forward an hour this morning and it'll take a couple of days to adjust...  at least for me.

The time change and a binge watch of Southland has me awake way too late.  I worked with Regina King many years ago when she was a child actress on a show called 227. If you have ever had the pleasure of knowing when someone had 'it,' then you know what I'm talking about. She was professional and present and friendly, even in the face of some shenannigans that went on with one of the costars of the show.  We shot it at the old KTTV Studios in Hollywood in front of an audience of  high school kids.  They all 'applauded' by sort of waving their closed hands..not exactly fists.. in the air.  The hold up on the show was over Jackee's hair or something and a woman I'd done a series with... cannot remember her name.. it was Pryor's Place..  well, she was the warm up comic for the show and after a half hour of vamping she called me up to entertain the folks who were getting tired and ready to split.  What was that woman's name?  I remember having lunch w/ her one time and she was on a strange diet and had been told by her food guru that the 'food unit' for any vegetable was in the whole fruit or veggie.  So. She would order a whole tomato, for instance, to get the proper food unit!

Enjoyed Antaeus Theatre's production of CLOUD NINE this afternoon.  This company deserves an audience and some dough, too. They have a capital campaign going to build their new theatre in Glendale.   The plans are in the works. Unsure as to the design of the space. I chatted with Bill Brotchtrup, co artistic director of Antaeus, today and he's excited to get going. So am I!


zzz..  Happy Daylight Savings Time.  yeh.. right. 

March 13, 2016
michaelsheehan     

No comments:

Post a Comment