Visitors

Thursday, August 31, 2017

ARE WE THE STUFF THAT DREAMS ARE MADE ON?

August 31, 2017

The warm days and nights make sleeping an interesting process.   

There's a tune called Sheehan's Reel that I like to listen to played on Youtube on a penny whistle.  This morning..  the circumstances were not clear I was in the presence of a 'famous' Irish musician (no idea who he was. he might have been on horseback.)..   He may have had a guitar or a penny whistle?

Asking him to play the reel, I plunked along a little on my dulcimer. His playing was angelic, though it did not sound like the tune that I remember.  It was more of a lament? Maybe a little like Si Bheag Si Mhor? (Okay, I looked up the spelling, but it's pronounced.. more or less She Bag, She More) This reminds me of She Moved Through the Faire by Alan Stivell.. but that's another tune.

The musician and I smiled at each other as he finished the tune and the emotion was deep within us both. "Interesting how moving that tune is," I either thought or said aloud. And he concurred. 

 Sheehan's Reel

This is not the tune I heard in my dream, but that's because, probably, I've not learned to play it yet? 
 
The musician identifies himself as The Whistler.   
He writes, 
"Go raibh maith agaibh as éisteacht liom!"  

michaelsheehan
last day of august in twentyseventeen. gosh. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment