Visitors

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Day Five / November 1, 2012



"Sometime too hot the eye of Heaven shines..." has been running through my mind when I think of this lovely sculpture in a small corner of The Brewery. I may be mistaken, but I think she is the Queen of Heaven from Chinese mythology.  I first saw an image of her at the home of Dona Lee Davies.  Her tranquility is soothing and "now in these days of confusion, I have need of her company" to go back to the spirit of Richard Farina. 

Richard and his beautiful wife, Mimi, brought the mountain dulcimer to us in the sixties.  Being stuck in the Sixties may be counter productive, but the simplicity of those times and the wonderfulness of the message of Peace and Love I still believe in is an important one to remember.

Finding a still center is easier on the dark cool days for me. 

Day Five.  

No comments:

Post a Comment