Visitors

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Day Six / November 2, 2012 Revised

Okay.. here's the story:

Edith Abeyta (on the left above) had a recent health issue. She was presented with a huge hospital bill.  Fortunately, she's been able to negotiate an adjustment, so it is less huge.  On FB I suggested that if all of her almost 500 friends had ten bucks or so, that some of her financial pressure could be relieved.  

So!  If  you'd like to make a small contribution to Edith's bill, please send her a check (I imagine she'd go for cash, too) to:

Edith Abeyta
1873 Echo Park Avenue
LA, CA 90026 

This was my original post:  


Two of my favorite people.  

The LA Municipal Art Gallery is an egalitarian space rescued from privatization by the efforts of dedicated staff and artists as well as well intentioned politicians (I think.)

That's Edith on the left and Nancy on the right. They are at the heart of the gallery in their dedication to keeping the gallery active and filled with interesting and challenging artwork.  Edith is an artist in her own right whom I met through her installation work months before I met her in person.  I admire her so much.  She is an inspiration.


michaelsheehan 

No comments:

Post a Comment