Visitors

Thursday, March 21, 2013

DAY NINETEEN

MARCH 21, 2013  Day Nineteen

Daily I think about life and death. Mostly about life, but recently a friend has lost relatives and friends and so mortality is on my mind.  My friend, Emily, has a view from her hospital room at UCLA and is struggling with stuff that young people should not have to deal with.  I've known her family since before she was born.  Her granddad has been a close and trusted friend since the seventies. 
Her mom, Gloria, has taken some cloud photos for me. I like the contrast in this one between the sharp lines of the buildings and the sky.

As Emily slogs through all this crap, I send daily good wishes to her.  

Whether or not I believe in prayer, per se, these days is questionable, but regardless, I do believe that it makes ME feel connected when I ask the Universe for health, happiness and wholeness for her.  For Emily.

In the scheme of things, I don't think that long and involved supplications mean much.  It's just that moment every day that I think of Emily and Gloria and their family and invite anyone who likes clouds or kitties or pie or laughter to dedicate a cloud or a kitty or some pie or a laugh to them.  Okay?

Thanks Gloria for the neat photo.    

2 comments:

  1. I chose to send a laugh... and tomorrow I will look for a beautiful cloud to send. Okay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, think of Em and Gloria every day and am sending puppies and flowers and love their way!

    ReplyDelete