Visitors

Thursday, February 28, 2013

DAY SIXTEEN

DAY SIXTEEN


Yesterday, February 27, 2013 was really interesting in so many ways!

 After just posting something on Facebook that came from Ram Dass and Be Here Now, I still have a goal. Goals. After this post, I'll have 84 more entries that I hope to accomplish. Free form writing can be liberating for the writer but unless you are James Joyce, it might be a bit difficult for some readers.  In her book The Book of Seeing With One's Own Eyes, Sharon Doubiago takes a cue from Joyce with one descriptive sentence that goes on for pages. If you have not read her poetry or her memoir My Father's Love, (it's in two big, big volumes) I highly recommend it. It's revealing and very intimate. Highly recommended. Poetic. I'm a fan.
  
The top photo was shot with my little Canon SD10 digital camera.  I seem to be into sky, angles and shadows now.  Making these photos on the long walk from Cosmo Auto Parts to my house yesterday gave me many opportunities to see my neighborhood in a more personal way.  Having my camera in hand and actively looking for opportnities to shoot the clear blue sky (though at first i was inspired by some terrific clouds last October. See my Day One posting), I have to take what I get.  The limitations of this tiny camera make the challenge fun.  Framing is a really tough  in the teeny little frame with the sun in your eyes.  

This other photo shows a cement angel that's similar to Jill D'Agnenica's angels that she arranged in every square mile of Los Angeles in 1993.  I so admire that woman.  The simplicity of conceptual art that makes us deal with it really appeals to me.

Other very good stuff that emerged today is still percolating. 

Wouldn't it be great if good stuff percolated every day?   

Sheehan 2/28/13 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment