Visitors

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Day One / October 10, 2012

The clouds bring me back to my youth in Colorado.

Highland Park, California   October 2012













Driving back from a memorial service in Long Beach, the clouds seemed to suggest that a hundred days, a hundred thoughts, a hundred photographs... or so... might be an idea.  How to share pithy ideas without boring the pants off of friends and others is a goal.  Gee, I have a goal!

A beautiful friend once said in a hand written letter to me (remember the post?) that her grandfather had said that when you start to discuss the weather, it's time to close.  The clouds are not exactly the weather, so I want to mention the day today in a cemetery with mostly people I will never know...   and the clouds.  The sounds of heavy grave digging machinery invaded the Philipino Priest's ritual.  Small airplanes droned over head.  Big trucks rumbled through. A huge airliner drowned out some of the little tributes. And, then...  we all just left.  Left behind a small box with a rose on it, alone.  All alone.

The stuff of life that causes our breath to catch, just for a moment, just a little and a tear to well up within us is probably the important stuff.  It happens unawares sometimes. I tend to see it as a sign of something human. 

Did you sparkle today?

This is the first entry.  I feel human now.

No comments:

Post a Comment