Visitors

Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Wit's End?

How the mind works when under stress and doubt.. it goes wonky.

A friend had to get 'official' fingerprints  made for a visa situation in New Zealand. This put me on the trail of what fingerprint documents look like and a Google search came up with all kinds of forms. As a Boy Scout I earned a fingerprinting merit badge.. and, so the conceptual artist living at my house got busy and came up with some limited edition 'mail art.' 

There are six pieces in all.  One original and an edition of five signed and numbered copies.  Making money from my artwork has never been a big deal. In fact, I've invested a lot of dough in my own work because I wanted to see it up.  How an artist gets sent to "The Show" is a mystery.  I know artists who are world famous and whose work is actually collected! and, they make a living from the work they crank out.  It's fun to see the artwork of acquaintances in big time art museums.. and in local galleries. I'm pretty much local!


My goal with this project is to see if I can send fives pieces of original art work through the now questionable mail to someone who wants to collect it or to just play.  There are five pieces. Each is made up of an official FBI fingerprint page and page of somewhat ambiguous 'official' personal information. 


My main way of turning folks on to ideas and to read my writing has been .. and shall be.. via Face Book. If you are reading this, you have probably clicked through from FB.  If you would like one of the edition of five pieces, please go back to FB, message me your email address and I'll contact you via email for your snail mail address and send the first five participants one of these conceptual pieces.

There's no charge for this, but if you wanted to make a contribution via paypal, I'll include a receipt for your contribution with the snail mail to your mailing address.


I want the post office to succeed and keep up the good work its been doing for all the time that this 'service' has been cooking.  Recent hue and cry regarding locked up and missing mailboxes, along with the Postmaster General eliminating sorting machines points up that there's smething creeping up on our country and keeping the mail active is a way to call that creeping out and ... hopefully we'll restore some semblance of democracy soon. 


Vote blue and let me know if you'd like to participate.. send me  your email address on FB.. 


Sincerely, michael sheehan


No comments:

Post a Comment