Visitors

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

WONDERINGS

I spend too much time on Facebook.  really.. the tone there is all about the very iffy state of the union and how to try to fix it and to send postcards to #45 with "you're fired" or such message on them.   I see reposted memes that, to me, are sometimes offensive, but I realize that for some folks, proselytizing their 'faith' is important to them.  The least forgiving I have found are those who pray to Jesus. No..not the guy who makes the vegetables grow, the other guy.. I want to make a snarky remark but it's really inappropriate and the son of one old friend of mine who is over the edge with 'faith' that is supposed to be loving and kind is anything but.  

Of course, I am supposed to be tolerant and forgiving and put up with saccharine comments, chalking it up to whatever beliefs one person or another may cling to. 

I'm not the brightest guy in the world.. many would go further to my not being very bright at all,  I suppose.. but.. I'm trying to figure out how continuing to use the name of the 45 president and posting his photo and repeating stupid rumors does anything but continue to promote the stuff that is obviously just silly.  I've been called "childish" by a formerly very good and formerly trusted friend who condemns me for this attitude of not wanting anything at all to do with this guy whose basic essence is abhorrent to me.  I don't want his face poulluting my home.  I don't want to hear his name as it offends me.  But.. we continue to promote him.

I met a woman yesterday who said that she had 'gotten used to' the Neutered Sprite logo
that the national Board of SAGAFTRA spent over $150,000.00 just to have it created. It's kitch design.  It's awful.  It has little to do with what actors and other professional performers do. But, she's "gotten used to it."  A board member told me that we would never know the names of the board members who voted it up, though the voting record in the US Democracy with senators and congress members allows us to see if they have our best interests at heart.   

The point.. if we 'get used to' the stupid logo that represents SAGAFTRA and this woman whom I met who is now 'okay' with it.. even likes it.. then, if we allow ourselves on the broad spectrum to get used to #45 and his ridiculous antics that spew out in.. for God's sake.. tweeting!  the least intelligent form of communication.   if we finally resolve to say 'okay' to that crap... the nation becomes more dumb.  You and I sigh because there is little we can do besides join in the You're Fired campaign that will not show up on the TV news even if a million cards are delivered to where ever the mail to the White House really goes..  then, fascism may creep ever so silently into our ailing democracy and like the old couple cooked to death in their over heated hot tub with a couple of glasses of wine... 
it's curtains for us: US:  The USA!

The handful of friends who read this are in the same boat.  We allowed this debacle to happen somehow and now we pay the gilt plated piper.  I am so embarrassed to be a citizen of the United States right now.  And,  I'm ashamed that all we can do is call this person.. this #45...  bad names and repeat his idiotic utterances when, in fact, we may be circling the drain.. CTD..  

Boy, this is a sad state of affairs and I should just stop..  but. 
no I'll just stop.. 
michael sheehan
March 14, 2017
Glendale, California

No comments:

Post a Comment